WELCOME TO FAITH & WORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP !
▪ There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
▪ Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He was buried. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace, having judged both the living and the dead.
▪ The Holy Spirit was sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
▪ The Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by men with inspiration from the Holy Spirit, and is the final authority in life and doctrine; and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.
▪ Humankind, originally created in the image and likeness of God, fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, are separated from God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The destiny of the willfully unbelieving is existence forever separated from God, but that of the believer is everlasting joy in His presence.
▪ Salvation has been provided only through Jesus Christ. Those who repent and believe in Him are united with Christ through the Holy Spirit and are thereby justified, sanctified and granted the gift of eternal life as adopted children of God. His gift must be carefully held, preciously nurtured and gratefully kept.
▪ The universal Church, of which Christ is the Head, consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and commissioned by Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations. The local church, the visible expression of the universal Church, is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together to worship God, to observe the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to pray, to be edified through the Word of God, to fellowship, and to testify in word and deed to the good news of salvation both locally and globally.
▪ There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
▪ In the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, that it will be personal and visible. As the believer’s blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and sacrificial service toward the completion of Christ’s commission.
And, we believe…
▪ That faith without works is dead. Faith results in an accompanying and corresponding action. Personal holiness and social holiness are essential to a living, active faith. Right practice is as important as right belief. You’ve heard Ephesians 2:8,9 quoted many times to bolster the claim of Sola Fide. Have you read the tenth verse? Here are all three in their entirety and in context – as intended.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.